But anyway, so saturday was my aunt's decidedly small and unceremonious wedding. It was nice I suppose, first un-asian wedding I've been to in a church. Being lost and confused throughout the whole ceremony didn't help either and they expected me to take pictures at key moments... I DON'T KNOW THE KEY MOMENTS! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL?!
And the whole time my mum's giving me disapproving glares cause i was unsure of what to do. And then there's my white uncle's very good friend who is a Hurlstone old boy and his son who followed in his footsteps and my mum is glaring and motioning and her phone is so loud in the silence of the church and I'm thinking my god this is so weird what do i do? And that aforementioned son of friend of uncle is snapping away like some pro photographer and I'm like... DEAR LORD! I KNOW I'M BLASPHEMOUS AND ALL THAT UNDER THE ROOF OF THE CHURCH OF SOME OTHER SUCH BEESWAX BUT SAVE ME! And it was just depressing.
But my awesome cousins made it worthwhile, cause how can you not enjoy it with four cousins all under the age of 10 and a lovely sister in which to gossip and generally be some angsty bitchy teen with?
This was the best photo I could find of all of us, because despite the lovability factor of young children, they can't seem to keep their eyes open and on the camera.
Btw, I'd like to say, my cousins will be more hardcore than all of yours, if you just look at how suave this one is.
Something else interesting was a new arrival, distantly related in some form or another. Hailing from where 90% of the asian population hails from she came to study in this great land of ours. And DAMN SPOILED RICH BLOODY FOBSTER IMPORT!
She comes here and it's all like "Hi! long time no see!" acting like she knows us all and standing on the sidelines bringing the mood down. Asking for everything, giving nothing just eurgh! Just cause you're rich, you're not cool.
I like it as it is, it's the perfect number and perfect order... and then she came along and it's all off. And we now have to drag extra tables and chairs and things at restaurants because we have that one bloody extra girl who insists on storing her bag in the seat next to her and being treated like a queen.
Really, HEAR ME ROAR!

No comments:
Post a Comment