Saturday, October 08, 2011

Coloured Pages and Paperclips


On the upside, today, in preparation for the new course to be embarked upon, I paid a visit to Officeworks, although not perfect, it suffices. Upon visitation, it was to my utter horror that they had no more 120 page Spirax notebooks. By 'no more' I don't simply mean no perfect copies, I mean literally none left on the shelves, it is due to this terrifying discovery that I contacted a number of acquaintances and hopefully friends as I seem to be lacking in a few of those. Then the answer came in the form of Danica who informed me of her plan to buy colourful 5 subject notebooks. The result is beautiful.

Are you jealous? Oh but, of course you are

Preparing for something new is always a thrill. The challenge is to go through with it till the end. Such as when I begin writing a story and the ideas just keep on coming, but then all of a sudden the lake of ideas just dries and becomes a salt bed or something just doesn't quite fit so the excitement dies and with it the drive to continue and complete the work.

The one thing that I do deem perfect in this messy, ugly, unpredictable world though is a Kikki.K store. Let me tell you, they are genius. It's a work of art, purely white, clean, perfectly straight lines and 90 degree angles. Evenly spaced shelves and categorised by both colour and theme. I could spend a day simply sitting in there and never get tired of the perfect clarity and the ambience of the store. What's even better is that it's a stationary store. I've always been one of those people who enjoyed the clean smell of new books and the perfect whiteness of the pages.

What was that?
Why yes, sometimes I do get strange subtle urges for perfection. No, it's not quite that extreme to be called an obsessive compulsive disorder, how rude. To even suggest that I have a mental illness. Didn't your mother teach you manners?

In my most humble opinion we all aught to revert back to Victorian etiquette... their fashion is quite nice as well, excluding the swimwear, those are atrocious, like wearing a massive cloth bag into the water. Seriously, no practicality whatsoever, no wonder so many children died back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment