Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ballads of Fallen Empires



Somedays I go to all the old places and sit there in the leftovers of what used to be grand empires of shopping and beautiful playgrounds which have fallen as I've grown up and pushed them to a dusty corner of my memory. Then I realize that no, these places haven't really been ruined, it's that I've grown up and changed. And the massive slide that seemed so bright and big and could reach all the way up to the sky? Yeah it was only shoulder height. And the store that was so brightly lit with high echoey ceilings and seemed to stretch on forever? Yeah it only really takes an hour or two to pick through all the interesting places in Myer which was then known as Grace Bros.
Oh and some places have simply been destroyed for development. Yeah I had to break the mood of nostalgia cause it got weird and acquired a 'talk about your feelings vibe' which doesn't work when I'm alone.
All by my onesie. With a laptop for company. And a nice cup of Chai tea which I have gotten obsessed with. But it won't be a big obsession. passing thing. Mind you my passing things will last a few weeks and least but ephemeral all the same.

Anyway, so for Australia Day I went to Birkenhead Point originally for my sister to acquire needed items and meet our baby cousins but yeah I got a wallet from Oroton and it's so white and pretty I wan't to eat it, after I've put it up on display so I can bathe in it's ethereal light :D

And I've also never shown my Holga that has recently been claimed by my reaching hands. And issert pretty or what it's like a nice pink purple blush plum thing and just gorgeous and reminds me of candy. And Danica was right it entices my miniature sized cousins way too much as they grasp with sticky fingers. Just cause it's plastic doesn't mean it's a toy.

And I'm just going to go now cause I've exhausted myself, you have no idea how exhausting my cousins are, it'a like running the cross country, especially when all four are below 10 and I have the mentality of one who is in her single digit ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment